Are you a network engineer and experienced in the world of connectivity? We are looking for a professional who shares our company values.
Are you flexible, service-oriented and willing to take the responsibility needed to make customers happy? Then join our great team in our mission to the moon. We celebrate successes together in a friendly and competitive environment. Advise our customers in an ingenious way from a Carrier-Neutral perspective which goes beyond technology and/or footprint of a carrier.
About - Why Horizon Telecom
Horizon has the ultimate goal to make all communication, infrastructure and security flexible and available. Together with our clients we adopt the smartest international communication innovations of tomorrow, today.
Our professionals deliver smart global communication solutions, which we deliver end-to-end with local knowledge of the market. Our proven way-of-working is possible due to an transparent service organization and automation of back-end and customer orientated processes. In a pragmatic way we deliver expertise, a fresh view and loads of experience. We are focused on tailored designs and adoption. All day and night we are customer focused with our enthusiastic and communicative certified professionals.
Our experienced professionals connect the latest technical innovations with the relevant parties and solutions. Our approach is more than efficient since our solutions need to exceed the expectations of our clients. We don’t believe in non-recurring and open-ended advice. We make communication flexible and agile and with our service organization we take away the complex management and maintenance.
Horizon, tomorrow’s communication, for you, today
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for a technology professional who has the skills to plan, implement and troubleshoot the data and voice networks our customers trust us with. The (Junior) Network engineer will have a wonderful opportunity to acquire deep knowledge of very divers networking infrastructures. You will be working in a competitive environment with a huge responsibility which requires flexibility and perseverance. For sure, it will never be boring.
- Establish the networking environment by designing network configurations, directing system installation and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards;
- Design and implement new solutions and improve resilience of the current environment;
- Maximise network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimisation;
- Align with the business and projects regarding demands, service requests, and new services;
- Assess new requests based on architecture standards, policies and regulations;
- Align with other teams within Horizon Telecom;
- Deploy network changes;
- Provide technical support to remote or on-site service engineers;
- You have 3+ years of experience in a similar position;
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience);
- You are analytical, a critical thinker, and love solving complex problems;
- You possess excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills that you use to collaborate across a wide variety of partners and stakeholders;
- You are broadly interested in new (networking) technologies and willing to learn new solutions and designs that will help our customers;
- Proficient in English language, spoken and written is must;
- Dutch language, spoken and written is must;
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
- For with an eye for detail;
- Work cooperatively to achieve shared goals, act in interest of our customers;
- Take a co-operative approach with a positive attitude with team members and share information and knowledge when needed;
- Capable of configuring Cisco hardware and not scared to try new technologies;
- We are strongly focussed on employee satisfaction, we believe customer satisfaction follows hereafter. Our office is directly located near the exit of 3 highways and good reachable with enough parking spaces. We had an architect design our offices, to create a relaxed environment with stand-sit and bike desks, noise cancelling panels, the right temperatute and a green environment with a view. Our host services daily a free fresh lunch and we have premium coffee machines for a latte machiato or whatever what you would like. There is fresh fruit and cooled smoothies and soda’s are there for the taking.
- We have an barbercar so you can get your haircut managed, there is also an massage chair and bi-weekly shiatsu chair massages at the office or you can relax in our ‘Skybar’;
- Flexible working hours and location/work from home;
- Matching bonus scheme and salary;
- Phone and laptop free of choice or BYOD;
- Enough room for development with training;
- Young, ambitious, fast growing environment where development is key;
- Al lot of freedom and responsibility;
- Flexible conditions;
- Multiple events per year with the teams;
Reason for vacancy
If you would like a bit more information contact our recruiter Jorn Jansen via 0624227486 or firstname.lastname@example.org